The successful candidate will provide a variety of Health, Safety and Environmental services to the project team, ensuring that all aspects of work comply with policies and procedures with respect to all applicable legislation and corporate policies.
- Ensure compliance of company programs and client policies and procedures with respect to Health safety legislation, environmental legislation and Highway Traffic Act.
- Schedule, coordinate and conduct all necessary training including Confined Space Entry, Transportation of Dangerous Goods, WHMIS/SIMDUT, Propane, Hoisting and Rigging, Forklift training, Working at Heights, Ground Disturbance, etc.
- Conduct Pre job risk assessments, weekly on site safety meetings and daily jobsite inspections.
- Inform workers of potential dangers in the workplace and advise them of precautionary measures
- Ensure the workers who report to site are fit for duty and are wearing the required personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Conduct, Initiate and/or Review accident investigations, work stoppages or refusals and injuries to ensure proper preventative measures are taken to prevent recurrence.
- Minimum of one (1) of the following designations: Construction Safety Officer, National Construction Safety Officer, Canadian Registered Safety Technician (CRST) and Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP)
- 5-7 years experience as a Safety Lead
- Must have previous pipeline experience required
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Proficient with MS Office, including MS Project
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships and work within a team environment.
- Strong analytic skills, oral and written (bilingual English & French)
- Qualified to work in the Province of Quebec
WHAT WE OFFER
Group Benefit Plan (Health, Dental, Life Insurance)
3 weeks vacation, plus one week at Christmas
Company Vehicle Provided
Open to Canadian residents only.
In the spirit of the Human Rights Code, we ask that resumes do not include personal data including, but not limited to age, health, marital and family status. As an employer committed to the principles of employment equity, we encourage applications from all persons including Black, Indigenous and people of colour, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free experience to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code (2015) and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.