Cost Controller (Ontario)Apply Online
Our Project Controllers carry out administrative and controls tasks alongside or on behalf of Project Managers. Controllers help with the entire life-cycle of the project from project initiation and budgeting to monitoring to close-out. The successful candidate will be dedicated to multiple projects and Project Managers.
- Prepare reports from business systems on a regular routine basis.
- Manage and update cost control tools & coding for projects utilizing standard systems i.e. MS Office
- Monitor project cost performance to provide a transparent assessment of critical project performances and reporting to Management.
- Manage scope changes by maintaining the scope change database and compare trends and scope changes against the control budget.
- Liaise with a variety of stakeholders on a day to day basis including Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Project Managers, Managers, Clients to reconcile cost and commercial activities.
- Prepare and submit monthly revenue forecasts based on actuals and projections.
- Assist with internal monthly project reviews and reports.
- Assist with the creation, implementation and maintenance of Project Control Procedures and Processes, in particular cost control.
- Two or more years’ experience in a project environment with exposure to cost control, planning and scheduling and change management.
- A talent for quantitative data analysis and picking up new software applications.
- The ability to effectively communicate verbal and written positions and conclusions regarding project and business interests.
- An awareness and understanding of the fundamentals of project management.
- A can-do attitude, an appetite for learning, an interest in efficient business systems and a drive to find a better way.
- Professional and committed approach.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel.
- Numerical aptitude.
- High attention to detail.
- A willingness to occasionally work outside standard business hours (within reason) to communicate with stakeholders in other global locations.
- Tertiary qualification in Business, Accounting or Engineering will be viewed highly
- Consideration will be given to candidates with no formal qualifications but demonstrated experience
This is an in-office position.
In the spirit of the Human Rights Code, we ask that resumes do not include personal data including, but not limited to age, health, marital and family status. As an employer committed to the principles of employment equity, we encourage applications from all persons including Black, Indigenous and people of colour, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free experience to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code (2015) and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Open to Canadian residents only.
We thank all interested applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.