Senior Health, Safety & Environment LeadApply Online
• Support the Pipeline business in the Ontario region.
• Manage and guide junior field Health and Safety representatives in Ontario.
• Conduct and prepare frequent workplace inspections reports as per Somerville and client requirements.
• Complete Incident Investigations as per Somerville and client process requirements
• Establish personal credibility and demonstrate expertise
• Represent the company and manage the expectations of client field representatives.
• Work effectively as a team member, sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication, and updating business leaders as needed.
• Build strong internal relationships with other departments across the organization and external relationships with clients
• Facilitate training courses and Somerville/client orientations as needed
• Take part in, and represent the company during site meetings and client safety meetings
• Dedication to teamwork and leadership
• Demonstrate advanced written and verbal communication skills
• Perform evaluation and development for health, safety & environment management system design and implementation, process improvement
• Travel as necessary across Canada if required to meet with clients, visit/audit projects and perform/coordinate identified training programs.
• Ensure management systems meet all company certifications and are maintained for all required audits, ongoing requirements. E.g., Ontario COR Certification
• Respond to corrective actions following audits, investigations if the HSEMS requires improvement
• Accountable for supporting a proactive Somerville Safety Culture
• Ability to be self-motivated and working with little supervision
• NCSO, CRSP or equivalent
• 5 to 10 years of Health & Safety related experience
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and its regulations, Federal and Provincial
• Strong computer skills with knowledge of Windows applications, including Word, Excel & Power Point
Open to Canadian residents only.
In the spirit of the Human Rights Code, we ask that resumes do not include personal data including, but not limited to age, health, marital and family status. As an employer committed to the principles of employment equity, we encourage applications from all persons including Black, Indigenous and people of colour, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free experience to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code (2015) and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
We thank all interested applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.