Utility Foreman - AlbertaApply Online
Reports To: Superintendent
Position Overview: Responsible for ensuring projects are safely completed on time, on budget and managing all resources required to complete the tasks
- Ensure efficient deployment and productivity of work crew
- Enforce compliance to all client and company safety policies and procedures, and Occupational Health and Safety legislation
- Ensure all the work permits and required documentation is obtained
- Review safe work plans/hazard assessment with crew prior to job commencement
- Conduct daily and weekly safety meetings and inspections and complete follow-up activities
- Coordinate all trades/subcontractors on site
- Ensure quality plans and/or requirements are adhered to for all work performed
- Post-secondary education preferred
- Minimum 2 year’s experience as a Foreman in Hydro/Telecom construction environment
- Excellent comprehension of drawings, specifications, other technical documents.
- Proficient skills with Lasers, line and grade, excavation
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Strong coaching / employee relations skills
- Ability to work in congested areas with live cables, conduits, and other sensitive utilities
- Clean drivers abstract
Open to Canadian residents only.
In the spirit of the Human Rights Code, we ask that resumes do not include personal data including, but not limited to age, health, marital and family status. As an employer committed to the principles of employment equity, we encourage applications from all persons including Black, Indigenous and people of colour, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free experience to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code (2015) and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
We thank all interested applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.