REPORTS TO: Fleet Supervisor
The 1st Year Heavy-Duty Mechanic Apprentice role is an integral part of our operations. Duties will be performed in a shop setting with the possibility of some fieldwork. We offer a friendly and safe environment with a high level of job satisfaction and stability. This is a Permanent Position- Full Time Mon-Fri 6:00am-4:30pm (Weekends as required)
Wage: Rate and Pay scale will be set by the shop's governing Union.
- Perform general repairs to various Heavy-Duty Truck and Trailers.
- Must have a good attitude, and the ability to work well with others.
- Follow all safety policies and procedures.
- Participate in process improvement initiatives.
- Maintain an orderly workspace.
- Good Written & Communication skills
- Contribute to a positive, congenial work environment.
- Take direction from Fleet Supervisor as well as the on-duty Journeyman Mechanics.
- Pickups and deliveries when requested, and any other duties as assigned.
- Must be physically able to lift heavy objects.
- Must have basic computer skills to operate an electronic diagnostic tool and complete electronic records
- Must have a valid drivers license with clean driving abstract.
- Must come with basic apprenticeship tools.
CLOSING DATE: November 10, 2023
Open to Canadian residents only.
In the spirit of the Human Rights Code, we ask that resumes do not include personal data including, but not limited to age, health, marital and family status. As an employer committed to the principles of employment equity, we encourage applications from all persons including Black, Indigenous and people of colour, persons with disabilities, and persons of all sexual orientations and gender identities. We are committed to providing an inclusive and barrier free experience to applicants with accessibility needs in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code (2015) and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
We thank all interested applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.